Programme and Partnership Development Coordinator - Career at United Purpose
Programme and Partnership Development Coordinator - Career at United Purpose in Bangladesh. Apply for United Purpose job and get your career at United Purpose!
Company: United Purpose
Job Type: Full Time
Work Place: Bangladesh
Job DescriptionOverall purpose: Support the Country Director and SMT in development programme strategy, lead the development of evidence-based programming/projects, proposals and fundraising for the country programme through maintaining a robust funding pipeline; develop new partnerships and constantly explore opportunity for development of consortia resulting in sustained strength and quality of country office programme portfolio.
Support the programme units in delivering high quality programming across all sectors, ensuring visibility guidelines and high quality reporting as well as managing key donor relationships; manage external communications and ensure effective implementation of safeguarding policy; act as a member of Bangladesh Senior management team; and lead a dedicated resource mobilisation team for programme and partnership development.
Reporting to: Country Director
Key Roles / responsibilities
· Programme Strategy Development
In coordination with the SMT, advances and documents the organisational programme strategy, including target activities, beneficiaries, donors and partnerships and supports CD in development of country strategy for next five years.
Collects and presents findings from sector studies and research to the SMT alongside community partner input to inform programme strategy and project development in real time and ensure best practice.
· Project and Proposal Development
Identifies and pursues funding opportunities that are aligned with the organisation mission and community partner interests and needs in coordination with SMT and relevant Programme and Project staff.
Guides and/or supports the development of proposals/concept notes for potential projects.
Engages and coordinates with community partners to amplify the presence of community leadership and interests in the proposal development process.
· Formative Research and Evidence-base Management
Develops research strategy in coordination with SMT and MEL team and in line with organisational strategy and proposal development to enrich the evidence-base for UP’s approach and improve programme quality.
Manages library of organisational experience and supporting literature to maintain institutional memory.
· Programme Quality:
Supports the programme team in ensuring quality of implementation of major projects and accountability to community partners.
Develops and implements systems to ensure quality of programme design, implementation and monitoring, which incorporate learnings from the sector and community feedback.
· Donor reporting
- Assists Project and Programme staff with report development and refinement and ensure submission of high-quality reports. · Donor Relations
- Liaises with potential and current donors to identify funding opportunities, manage expectations, and ensure coordination and accountability. · Partnership Development
Liaise with potential and current partners to identify areas of synergy and cooperation, represent the interests and capacity of UP, and enable effective consortium coordination and collaboration.
Participates in relevant conferences, site visits where appropriate, and the representation of the organisation where necessary and appropriate.
· External Communications and representation
Guides development and implementation of Communications and Visibility Plans at the project and organisation level ensuring organisational standards are maintained.
Represents United Purpose, when delegated, to government, Embassies/Delegations, and other international agencies, funding and other partners, potential donors and other bodies including civil society networks and the public.
Coordinates with HQ on safeguarding issues and supports CP Safeguarding Committee in rolling out country level policy and facilitating implementation.
Works in a safe, respectful and nurturing way which prevents harm and promotes well-being across UP programmes and partners.
Provides leadership and management support to staff reporting to this position including coordinating workplans, building team spirit and morale, conducting performance appraisals, and supporting staff development.
Carries out other duties and responsibilities reasonably delegated by the Country Director.
- Degree level qualification in a development-oriented field or other relevant subject.
- Proven experience in proposal development and understanding of project budgets.
- Proven experience in programme development, donor liaison, building donor relations, networking and organisational representation.
- Proven experience in grant and contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work proactively, under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
- Commitment to UP values and capability to adapt to the local work environment and constraints.