Manager, Customs compliance - Career at Wärtsilä
Manager, Customs compliance - Career at Wärtsilä in Bangladesh. Apply for Wärtsilä job and get your career at Wärtsilä!
Job Type: Full Time
Work Place: Dhaka
Job DescriptionWe are looking for Manager, Customs Compliance to join WGLS Global Customs Management. The location for the position is Bangladesh.
You will lead the Global Customs area team (Middle East and Southasia) by ensuring customs compliance according to applicable laws, rules and regulations, and serve also as a subject matter expert in the area of customs compliance in terms of interpretation, guidance, integration, compliance and assessment. Moreover, you will support efforts to execute a customs compliant supply chain and co-ordinate related supply chain risk assessment and mitigation strategies and ensure proactive monitoring and communicating (incl. training) the impact of customs compliance and changing regulations to all key stakeholders (internal and external).
In this position you are reporting to General Manager, Global Customs Management.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Target setting and development of the area team
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the team
- Motivating the team to achieve organizational goals
- Being the single point of contact in customs matters locally, to internal and external stakeholders (customers)
- Relationship with authorities such as local customs
- Following up and coordinating customs clearances, incl. brokerage management
- Bringing possible development matters to Global Customs Management
- Identifying locally value-adding opportunities, minimize compliance risks and minimize (import) duties, the use of simplified entry procedures and local clearance authorisations
- Ensuring the integration of necessary customs compliance work activities into other functions' work streams to deliver customs compliance reliability We hope you have:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in relevant field or extensive experience in the field of customs
- Good understanding of the global customs compliance environment, rules and regulations with skills to translate those to clear business requirements and concrete actions
- 10+ years work experience, preferably working with customs compliance related challenges and proven track record of solving those
- Experience in managing remote teams
- Willingness to solve challenging situations with positive reinforcement to ensure sustainable internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Team player with strong customer service attitude with the ability to work also effectively independently
- Experience in working within a global and multi-cultural environment
- Fluent written and spoken English with good presentation and communication skills Last application date: 16 May 2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our broad portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems delivers the efficiency, reliability, safety, and environmental performance needed to support our customers to be successful. Our offering includes performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at .